T his project is super easy to create with some designer series paper and SU!'s Tiny Treat boxes. You will need battery operated tea lights to complete the project.
- 2" x 6", you will need 2 pieces
Just Jade DSP
- 2" x 2" - box lid
- 1/2" x 2", score @ 1 1/4" - need 2
- 2 1/2" x 2 3/4" - Pineapple top - need 2
**NOTE - cut one top using the pattern you want to show and one top from the reverse of that pattern. This is so you can adhere the 2 pieces together back to back***
Gift Bag Pieces:
Just Jade Cardstock
- 4 1/4" x 2 3/4"
- 4" x 2 1/2"
Just Jade DSP
2 1/2" x 2 3/4"
2" x 2 1/2"
The white paper bag used for this project measures 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" and will hold 1 tealight. You'll need to adjust your measurements for the cardstock used on the bag topper if you use a larger bag.
1. Using the 2" x 6" pieces of Bumblebee DSP, cut 4 pineapple bottoms. You will want to line the bottom of the die with the bottom of the DSP strip. The die will extend slightly past the paper, which is ok. This will allow it to fit perfectly on the sides of the 2x2 treat box.
2. Using one piece of the 2 1/2" x 2 3/4" Just Jade DSP, cut one pineapple top using the design that you want to show. If you are using the adhesive sheets on this die cut, place it on the back of the DSP before die-cutting.
3. Take the 2nd piece of 2 1/2" x 2 3/4" Just Jade DSP, turn it over and use that side to die-cut the second pineapple top.
4. Take the 2 pieces of 1/2" x 2" Just Jade DSP and adhere them together, but only apply adhesive to the 1 1/4" side of the strip. The pattern of DSP that shows should be the same pattern as the pineapple top.
5. To assemble the pineapple top, remove the adhesive sheet covering from the pineapple top DSP die-cut and place the 1/2" x 2" strip of DSP in the center of the back, lining up the score line so that the 1/4" piece of the strip extends past the bottom of the die-cut. Then take the 2nd pineapple top die-cut and adhere it to the 1st die-cut. Now you should have one top with two -1/4" strips extending from the bottom.
6. Take the 2" x 2" piece of Just Jade DSP and attach it to the top lid of the treat box.
7. Take the pineapple top and separate the two 1/4" pieces so that they are going in opposite directions. Apply adhesive to the bottom of these strips and adhere them to the top of the box lid. You'll want to make sure your pineapple top is going in the correct direction.
8. Take the 4 pieces of die-cut pineapple bottoms and using liquid glue, carefully apply the glue to the back of the die-cut. Apply the die-cut to one panel of the treat box. Repeat with the following 3 dides.
Gift Bag Instructions:
9. Take the pineapple stamp and using the SU! markers, color the top with Just Jade and the bottom with Bumblebee. Huff on the stamp to re-wet the ink and randomly stamp pineapples on the front and back of the bag. You will need to re-apply the marker ink each time you stamp.
Gift Bag Topper:
10. Die cut one pineapple bottom from the Bumblebee DSP and one top from the Just Jade DSP.
11. Take the 2 1/2" x 4" piece of Bumble Bee cardstock and run it through the Old World Map embossing folder. Attach that to the 2 3/4" x 4 1/4" piece of Just Jade cardstock.
12. Apply mini dimensionals to the back of the pineapple bottom (I cut mine in 1/2 and placed a few strategically around the back so they wouldn't show. Remove dimensional backings and apply the pineapple bottom to the front of the cardstock panel.
13. Apply adhesive to the back of the die-cut pineapple top and apply that to the top of the pineapple bottom.
14. Fold the top of the white paper bag about 1" down, folding the top towards the front of the bag. Apply adhesive to the top 3/4" section of the pineapple panel and adhere it to the front of the fold.
Your project is finished!