M y grandson just turned 2 and loves Yo Gabba Gabba. When I first saw the Yummy in my Tummy stamp set, I immediately saw the character Brobee in my head and knew I had to have this stamp set. This is his birthday card.
This card uses a Cucumber Crush card base. I stamped with Basic Black archival ink the monster from Yummy in my Tummy on Watercolor paper. Using the 2 inch punch, I punched out the middle of his tummy to create a space for the shaker bits.
I put this on top of a piece of whisper white that would back the card front and using a pencil made light lines around the circle so I could place the sentiment perfectly in the middle.
I then took the ink from the top of the Cucumber Crush ink pad and with my aquapainter, I lightly colored the monster making the feet and other areas a little darker.
Using my Cucumber Crush Stampin' Write marker, I made the darker stripes. Brobee also has 3 "horns" on top so I drew one in the middle using my Basic Black marker and colored them all in with the Real Red Marker. I simply drew over the mouth with Real Red to give him a smile.
Below the monster, I stamped the birthday sentiment from "Oh So Succulent" in Cucumber Crush.
I took some Cucumber Crush twine and tied it around the card front between the monster and the sentiment.
I stamped the sentiment "Yummy in my Tummy" on the piece of whisper white. I used my Stampin' Write markers in Cucumber Crush and Real Red to color the stamp, huffed on it and stamped. Anyplace that didn't stamp totally clear, I used my blender pen and the marker to fill in any spots.
Turning over the stamped monster card front, I added window sheet to the center where I wanted the shaker to be. I then added foam strips all around the circle to hold in the shaker bits. I also added foam along the edges to keep the card front the same height. To keep the shaker bits from sticking to the foam, you can run an embossing buddy along the inside edges or rub it with your finger to take some of the "sticky" off. I took some of the Sprinkles Embellishments and some of the sequins from the Metallic Sequins assortment and placed them in the center of the stamped sentiment. Carefully removing the foam covering, I then placed the monster over the sentiment and the shaker bits. Googly eyes completed the monster.
FYI: I found it very difficult to keep the shaker bits in the circle and decided it might be best to put the foam on the circle sentiment to hold them in and not on the back of the monster. I ended up flipping it over and adding the bits to the window sheet side and then adding the stamped sentiment piece. Whatever works best for you is okay.
Next I turned to the inside of the card. Since it was a dark colored card stock, I took a piece of whisper white and added the sentiment from Balloon Adventures in Cucumber Crush ink.