Snowman Swirly Card
A fun Snowman using Swirly Scribbles and Snow Place.
Measurements for Cutting:
Cherry Cobbler Cardstock: 8 ½” x 5 ½” folded in half for the card base
Designer Paper: 5 ¼” x 4”
Vellum: 5” x 3 ¾”
Whisper White Cardstock: 2” x 5” for stamping, 3” x 6” for Swirly’s
Tangerine Tango Cardstock: scrap for carrot nose
1. Score 8 ½” x 5 ½” Whisper White Cardstock at 4 ¼”. Fold card in half and use bone folder at the crease.
2. Adhere the Designer Paper to the cardbase.
3. Stamp snowflakes randomly around the vellum paper with Garden Green ink. Turn the paper over to mute the color. This is the side where you will build the snowman. Adhere to the cardbase on the inked side being careful to only apply adhesive where there are snowflakes and/or the snowman pieces will cover because it will show through.
4. Cut the 3 Swirly’s from the 3” x 6” piece of Whisper White Cardstock. For the middle size piece, using the paper snips cut off the edges.
5. Stamp the scarf and hat in Cherry Cobbler ink on the 2” x 5” piece of Whisper White Cardstock being careful to allow room for the die cuts. Stamp the buttons and the sticks in Chocolate Chip ink (or you can use Early Expresso). Option to do the buttons in Basic Black.
6. Using the Snow Friends Framelits, cut the pieces out. You should be able to do this in 2 passes. Using the magnetic base helps everything stay together for the best cut around the stamped image.
7. Cut a triangle from the Tangerine Tango Cardstock scrap.
8. Keeping in mind that the vellum is slightly offset, arrange the snowman swirly’s on the vellum. Make sure to allow room for the hat at the top of the card. Beginning with the bottom layer, adhere the swirly’s to form the snowman. Glue pen works best but mini glue dots could also be used.
9. Once you are satisfied with the snowman, add the cut pieces as shown in the picture.
10. Stamp the sentiment of choice inside using Whisper White Craft Ink, or leave blank to write a personal note. Stamp the back of the card.
11. You can also decorate your envelope to match your card being careful not to stamp in address or stamp areas.