Happy Hedgehogs Garden Hedgie
A dorable thank you card using Stampin' Up! products.
Cut cardstock and designer paper pieces to the following sizes using a Paper Trimmer:
- card from Pool Party Cardstock at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4"
- 4" x 5-1/4" from Crumb Cake Cardstock
- 2-3/4" x 3-7/8" of slightly darker green tree images on very light green background design from Enjoy The Journey 12" x 12" Designer Series Paper, cut so the trees are vertical on the vertical rectangle
- 3-1/8" x 4-3/8" from Garden Green Cardstock
- 3" x 4-1/4' from Pool Party Cardstock
- 1-3/4" x 3-1/2" from Crumb Cake Cardstock
Insert the large Crumb Cake rectangle into the Timber 3D Embossing Folder so the woodgrain runs horizontally across the horizontal rectangle. Use the line printed on the front flap of the folder to make sure it is lined up straight. Place the folder with the cardstock inside on the platform on your Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine and run through the machine.
Adhere the dry embossed Crumb Cake rectangle to the front of the Pool Party card.
Adhere the piece of Enjoy The Journey Designer Paper to the left side of the card front so about 1/8" of Crumb Cake shows on the top, left, and bottom edges.
As you are ready to stamp using the Happy Hedgehogs Set, place the cardstock on the Stampin' Pierce Mat. Using the mat will help you get a cleaner image each time you stamp. Put a piece of Grid Paper on top of the Mat to protect it from ink.
Mount the flowering tree image from the Happy Hedgehogs Set on Block E. Ink it up with the Soft Suede Ink Pad. Stamp it repeatedly across the horizontal Pool Party rectangle so you can get as many flowers on the cardstock as possible and the bottoms of the trees go off the bottom edge. Remember to re-ink the stamp each time. Leave a little room near the top to stamp the sentiment.
Mount the "it's so nice of you to be so nice" sentiment on Block G. Ink it up with the Melon Mambo Ink Pad. Stamp the sentiment so it is centered in the clear space near the top of the stamped Pool Party rectangle.
Use the Stampin' Write Markers to color in the flowers, leaves, and stems:
- use the Polished Pink Marker to color in the flower petals
- use the Melon Mambo Marker to color in the flower centers
- use the Garden Green Marker to color in the leaves
- use the Crumb Cake Marker to color in the thicker stems
Adhere the stamped and colored Pool Party rectangle to the center of the Garden Green rectangle.
Adhere the matted rectangle to the card front so it is about 1/2" from the top and right sides.
Mount the larger hedgehog image from the Happy Hedgehogs Set on Block C. Ink it up with the Soft Suede Ink Pad. Stamp it on the bottom of the vertical Crumb Cake strip so the nose is pointing down
Unlock the Hedgehog Builder Punch. Holding the punch upside down so you can see the punching area, slide the stamped hedgehog into the punch and get it centered in the whole hedgehog punching area. Punch.
Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the punched out hedgehog to the front of the card at a slight angle so it covers the lower left corner of the matted flowers and sentiment rectangle.
Pick out two trinkets from the Dragonfly Trinkets. Use Mini Glue Dots to adhere them to the card front as shown so they are flying towards the sentiment.