C ard using Peony Garden dies and Champagne Foil paper!
Petal Pink CS – 4 ¼” x 11” scored @ 5 ½”
- Small scrap for flower
Champagne Foil Paper – 4” x 5 ¼”
Gray Granite CS – 1 ½” x 3 ¾” for leaf detail dies – 1 lg and 2 sm
Vellum – 1 ½” x 3 ¾” for solid leaf dies – 1 lg and 2 sm
Whisper White – ¾” x 3” strip for the sentiment
Peony Garden DSP – 4” x 5 ¼”
Crinkled WW Seam Binding – 2 pieces, 6” and 4”, colored with Dark Petal Pink Blends
1. Get all the dies you will need for the Peony flower, as shown in the picture.
2. Using the Champagne Foil paper, cut the 4 flower dies.
3. Using the vellum, cut 1 large solid leaf and 2 small leaves. Then run those leaves through the Tasteful Textures Embossing Folder. This is done to give the leaves a little texture.
4. Take the Gray Granite cardstock and apply a piece of the same size Adhesive Sheet to one side. Place the dies on the opposite side (the side without the adhesive sheet) and cut 1 large leaf detail and 2 small leaf detail.
5. Take a small scrap of Petal Pink cardstock and cut 1 flower center.
6. Take the largest circle from the Layering Circles dies and cut a circle from the gray Peony Gardens DSP. Place the die so that it is about 1/2" space from the top of the panel. Save the circle for another project.
7. Take the 2 pieces of Whisper White Crinkle Seam Binding and color them with the Dark Petal Pink Blends.
8. Take the 6" piece and wrap it around the bottom of the DSP, approximately 1" from the bottom of the panel. Secure the ends to the back of the DSP with adhesive.
9. Take the 4" piece of ribbon and slip it under the 6" piece of ribbon and tie a knot. The knot should be to the far left side of the card to allow room for the sentiment.
10. Take the 4 die cuts for the flower and lay them out in size order. Start with the smallest die cut and insert it into the slot of the next largest die cut. The fit is a little tight so be sure to take your time on this step. Turn the dies over and align the bottoms so that they match up. Slide the smaller die cut up a little bit and apply glue dots (or adhesive of your choice) to the bottom backside of the 2nd die-cut. Slide the smaller one down again until they align and press them together.
11. Take the assembled piece and slide it through the slot on the next sized die-cut. Turn them over and align the bottoms. Slide the smaller die-cut up so that you can apply adhesive to the bottom of the backside of the larger die-cut. Slide the smaller die-cut down and make sure all 3 layers align at the bottom. Press to adhere all layers.
12. Follow the steps above with the last die-cut (the largest of the 4).
13. Turn the Peony over to the front. Take the pink flower center and apply a glue dot to the back of it and insert it into the center of the Peony. There will be a slit that you can just slide the end in. Press to adhere it in place.
14. Assemble the detail layers to the vellum leaf layers. If you used the adhesive sheets, you just need to peel off the white covering on the back of the die-cuts. If you did not use the Adhesive sheets, you need to apply an adhesive of your choice.
15. Set the finished Peony and leaves aside, they will go on the card towards the end.
16. Take the 3/4" strip of Whisper White cardstock and stamp the sentiment using Gray Granite Ink. Punch both ends of the strip using the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch (see the video for a tip for doing this).
17. Take the DSP and turn it over to the side you do NOT want facing up on the card. Place the Vellum Doily in the center of the circle cut out. Using either glue dots or cellophane tape, secure the corners of the doily to the back of the DSP.
18. Place dimensionals on the back of the DSP and then apply it to the front of the Petal Pink card base.
19. Using dimensionals, apply the sentiment over the Petal Pink ribbon, towards the right-hand side of the card front.
20. lay the Peony in the center of the circle (do not use adhesive yet!). You need to determine where your leaves need to go, making sure that they don't extend past the sides of the card front. Once you have determined placement, adhere the leaves to the back of the Peony, using your adhesive of choice.
21. Turn the Peony over and apply dimensionals. Adhere it to the center of the circle.
23. Place the Elegant Faceted Gems on the card front
24. Add your sentiment of choice to the inside of the card.
Your card is finished!