I love the new Penguin Place stamp set from the July-December Mini Catalog and coordinating Sale-A-Bration Penguin Playmates Designer Series Paper. I paired them to make this Fun Fold Flap card. Read on to learn how to make this card using any patterned papers.
Start by cutting your cardstock into the following measurements (in inches):
• Fresh Freesia: 4-1/4 x 11 (score at 4-1/4 and 8-5/8)
• Penguin Playmates Designer Series Paper: 4 x 4 (coming soon!)
• Basic White: 4 x 4
• Basic Black & Basic White scraps for circle, scalloped circle, and banner die cuts
1. Fold on the score lines so the smaller top flap folds down over the bottom flap that folds up.
2. Unfold the card, then place the Basic Border Die on the end of the smaller flap and run through your die cutting machine. At this point you can stamp your greeting in Black Memento ink on the flap.
3. Place the appropriate size circle over the score line of the smaller flap and center section, and cut out using your die cutting machine.
Note: make sure the size you use is larger than the circles you are using for your stamped image.
4. Fold the bottom section up and adhere the Penguin Playmates paper on the that section.
5. Cut a scalloped circle out of Basic Black cardstock using the appropriate size scallop circle die from the Layering Circles Dies set and your die cutting machine.
6. Stamp the penguin on a scrap of Basic White cardstock then cut out using the appropriate size circle die & your die cutting machine. Adhere to the black scalloped circle. Next fold the top flap down and adhere the circle to the open space using Stampin' Dimensionals.
Note: Place Stampin' Dimensionals to the LOWER part only of the circle.
7. On the 4 x4 Basic White piece, stamp another greeting and any images you want to decorate the inside of the card. Then adhere to the inside lower section.
8. Fold the card so that it closes, then put a Stampin' Dimensional just under the flap where you want the banner, and attach the banner to the Dimensional. Tuck the flap under the banner to close the card.
9. Add a Pastel Pearl to the banner for added appeal!
View my video at https://fb.watch/v/30T5ftt9f/ to see how to make another card like this one!
Be sure to add your name to my email list at https://bit.ly/card-ideas-now for more card ideas!