A combination card made using the December 2017 Paper Pumpkin kit and the Party Pandas stamp set from Sale-a-Bration 2018
Base card is the yellow patterned card from the Tutti Frutti cards and envelopes
Cut the card down to 4.25 square
On Whisper White card stock stamp the two pandas with Basic Black archival ink. Be sure to let it dry well or it will smear. To speed up the drying you can use the heat tool.
Once dry color in the balloon with Tangerine Tango marker and stamp the "HI" stamp with Basic Black ink
cut them out
(read on if you have a Silhouette Cameo and would like to know how you can use it for this step.)
Using one of the leaf frames from the December 2017 Paper Pumpkin kit attach the Pandas with glue dots
Turn the entire piece over and add Snail to the back
Attach to card front.
That's it unless you want to see how I used the Silhouette Cameo for this card.
To utilize the Silhouette Cameo for this card follow these steps.
1. Stamp the Panda images onto Whisper White card stock
2. Scan the images into your computer as a jpeg
3. Open Silhouette program and click "open"
4. Select the image and click "open"
5. Once the file is on your Studio design page select the "trace" option
6. In the trace window click the "select trace area" option and outline the images.
7. Adjust the threshold until the outlines are clear
8. Select the "trace outer edge" option.
9. This will leave you with outlines for the three images - these can now be cut out with the Silhouette Cameo. At this point they are the exact size of the stamped image. If you want them to have a small white border around the image when they are stamped follow the next steps
A. To enlarge the ourlines so that there would be a small border around select each image one at a time and select the "offset" option.
The default offset is too large. I have found that a setting of .03 makes a nice border.
B. Once offset is complete separate them. Keep them both. The inside one is the original and the outside one is the larger one.
I save both sizes and label them so I have them for the future
Do this with all three images
10. Begin again with the imported jpg image, select the trace area and this time select "trace and detach"
This will separate the stamped images from the background.
Now you have the images and do a print and cut
To create a print and cut:
Select one printed image and the coresponding outline you want to use
Go to "object" select "align" click "align center-middle. This will perfectly center the printed image within the outline.
Now you can set up print and cut with the registration marks, print and cut out the pandas and use them on your projects.
The reason I save the outlines is that you can only print in black this way which works for this set but if you want to have a different color just cut out the blank outlines and then use your Stamp-a-ma-jig or Stamparatus to stamp the cut out image.
One more option:
If you want to make more of the cute cards or create the leaf front to use simply use the same process as you did with the stamps.
Scan the cards into your computer as jpg images
Trace the card
Duplicate it and set one aside
On one image remove the outside line leaving only the leaf portion
Now create a frame. I made mine 4.25 square
To center the leaves in the frame select both images (make sure your leaf image is grouped)
Go to "object" select "align" and click "align center-middle" This will align your leaves in the center of your frame.
You can follow this same process for the flower circle card then you can duplicate the cards in whatever color cardstock you choose.