S o many fun techniques in this card so try not to be put off by the length of the tutorial. It just took a lot of words to describe what really doesn't take that long at all to do. With this background less is more and it's all about building texture.
• World Map stamp unmounted. Hold this large stamp in both hands. Find a section on the stamp and tap that into the Tip Tap Taupe ink pad. Stamp white card stock lightly and randomly five to seven times. You’re looking for light texture.
• Mount stamp from Chalk lines stamp set that looks like waves on a clear block. Load with soft sky ink pad. Then in a couple of random places on the stamp apply Real Red. Stamp off 2 or 3 times before going to paper. Repeat vertically across the whole front. This should be very pale. We’re still building texture.
• Mount speckled stamp from gorgeous grunge stamp set on a clear block. First stamp all over with Daffodil Delight. Clean your stamp then repeat with night of navy. Stamp a few times while in each color before reloading. Still building texture.
• Main image: Crawfish from By the Tide stamp set and Real Red stamp pad. Reload each time before stamping. I began with my first one a little off center. *Each stamp should be vertical and as straight as possible but none of them should line up. Vertically or horizontally.
• Choose any two framelit dies that nest nicely together. Here I used a non SU square postage die for the top and a larger square die for the bottom. Begin by cutting your larger square first. Position it to interrupt some part of the crawfish nearest the center. Cut a piece of sticky back fun foam a little smaller than the largest square and apply it to the back. Then cut the center out of this piece with the smaller die. Add two layers of foam to the back of the small one.
• Heat emboss the Hello stamp from the Hello stamp set with white emboss powder onto the first piece of vellum in the Botanical Gardens Designer Stack. *I found this vellum so easy to heat emboss on. Heat it gently from the bottom first. Then move to the top. Tear sentiment out in a strip long enough to wrap around smallest die cutout. Tear towards yourself to get that nice edge. Then mount it to small cut out from back.
• Apply your card front first to Night of Navy card base. Then apply largest die cut by lining up the crawfish parts. Repeat with small cut out.
• Anchor embellishment: Mount the anchor stamp from By the Tide stamp set on to a clear block. Open Stazon jet black in pad to be ready to use. Heat emboss any color of emboss powder of your choice with versamark ink on a piece of scratch cardstock. Let cool then do a second layer of versamark ink and emboss powder. Before embossing your third and final layer ink up the anchor stamp with StazOn and set aside for easy access. While your third layer is still liquid from the heat load your stamp once again in the StazOn then quickly set your anchor stamp into it pressing gently. Let cool completely before trying to remove it. Use a circle die or punch to cut it out. Apply to card with dimensional.
• Inside: Crawfish and script stamp from By the Tide stamp set and Tip Tap Taupe ink stamped off first.