M asculine card using one of the sets you can earn for FREE during Sale-A-Bration 2019.
Cut cardstock and designer paper pieces to the following sizes using a Stampin' Trimmer:
- card from Coastal Cabana Cardstock at 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" and scored at 4-1/4"
- 4" x 5-1/4" of light wood design from Wood Textures 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper, cut so grain is vertical
- 2-3/4" x 4-1/4" from Whisper White Cardstock
- 1-1/2" x 2-1/2" from Coastal Cabana Cardstock
Pick out the large, solid framelit with the lattice design on it from the Stitched Labels Framelits. Place the rectangle of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper on the Cutting Pad on top of the Platform on the Big Shot. Place the lattice design framelit on top on the left side so part of the framelit hangs over the left edge of the paper and the bottom of the framelit is about 1/2" from the bottom of the paper. Place another Cutting Pad on top and run through the Big Shot.
Tip: This framelit does NOT cut. It just dry embosses a lattice design.
Adhere the piece of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper to the front of the Coastal Cabana card so that the dry embossed design is on the lower left side.
Mount the cottage on the sea cliff image from the By The Bay Set on Block E. Ink it up with the StazOn Ink Pad. Stamp it on the left side of the white rectangle.
Use the Watercolor Pencils to scribble color onto the stamped white cardstock as follows:
- Use the Bermuda Bay pencil on the sky.
- Use the Pacific Point pencil on the water.
- Use the Basic Gray pencil on the cottage roofs, the door of the big cottage, and walls along the sea cliff paths. Also use a little in the dirt between the big cottage and the first path wall and on the rocks along the shoreline.
- Use the Early Espresso pencil on the walls of the small cottage in the distance, on the paths, and in the dirt between the big cottage and the first path wall and on the rocks along the shoreline.
- Use the Daffodil Delight pencil in the windows of the big cottage. Also use a little in the bushes and grass.
- Use the Old Olive pencil on the bushes and grass.
- Use the Real Red and Pumpkin Pie pencils to color in the walls of the big cottage.
Use a Blender Pen to blend the lines of the pencils and to blend the colors together where they meet. Add more color with the Watercolor Pencils if needed. Remember to stroke the Blender Pen in one direction only. If you go back and forth, then the card stock could start to pill and tear. Scribble on Grid Paper to clean the tip of the Blender Pen until no more color is coming off.
Adhere the colored white rectangle to the front of the card so it is about 1" from the top.
Mount the sentiment of your choice from the By The Bay Set on Block B. Ink it up with the StazOn Ink Pad. Stamp it in the center of the Coastal Cabana strip.
Pick out the scallop-ended ticket framelit from the Stitched Labels Framelits. Place the stamped sentiment on the Cutting Pad on the Magnetic Platform on the Big Shot. Place the ticket framelit on top so it is centered over the sentiment. Place another Cutting Pad on top and run through the Big Shot.
Adhere the sentiment ticket cut out to the front of the card so it is centered over the bottom edge of the white rectangle on the right side and about 1/4" in from the right edge.
Cut a 2" piece of Old Olive Linen Thread.
Pick out a tiny Sahara Sand button from the Needlepoint Nook Mini Buttons.
Thread the ends of the linen thread through the holes in the button from the back side. Tie in place with a half knot. Trim and fray the ends.
Tip: Use a floss threader or needle threader to help you get the thread through the holes in the button.
Use a Mini Glue Dot to adhere the button with thread tied on to the card front so it is in the left corner between the sentiment ticket cut out and the white rectangle.