W hat do you get when you combine the Lights Aglow DSP, a fun fold card, and the Country Wreath bundle? I came up with this gorgeous Christmas card. I hope you enjoy making one like it.
5 ½” x 8 ½” Real Red Cardstock (CS) (scored at 3 3/8” and 6 ¾”)
3” x 6” Real Red CS (scored at 3”)
3” x 3” Real Red CS
2 ¾” x 2 ¾” White CS
4” x 5 ¼” DSP
2 ¾” x 2 ¾” DSP (Cut 2)
1 3/8” x 5 ¼” DSP (Cut 4)
Cut and Score all pieces. Burnish well on score lines.
Building the Accordion
Because my Scorboard only measures in 1/8" increments I had to make the last two folds without scoring first.
* With the card base lying flat with the 4 1/4" piece on the right-hand side, manually fold the first section in half. Align the left-hand edge with the 3 3/8" score line.
* Manually fold the second section in half. Aligning the 3 3/8" score line with the 6 3/4" score line.
* The folds should alternate back and forth to create the accordion. Burnish all the edges.
Adhere the DSP
* To the 4 accordion sections as well as the back piece of the card base.
* Square pieces of DSP to the 3" x 6" piece.
* Stamp the sentiment to pieces as desired while the card it still flat.
Inside the Card
* Matt the white CS with the Real Red CS.
* Adhere it to the inside of the card base.
Pulling it together
* Align the 3" x 6" piece of CS so that it covers the white inside piece completely when the card is folded for mailing.
* Attach the leading edge of the 3" x 6" piece to the first accordion section.
* Attach the other end of the 3" x 6" piece to the fourth accordion section.
Decorate and Embellishment
* Cut both of the wreath pieces out of Evening Evergreen CS. Overlap them and glue together. This makes the final product a bit fuller.
* I added a small bow made from the Real Red Ruffled Ribbon and embellished it with gold Festive pearls.
* I also added scrap DSP to the outer flap of the envelope.
This is generally the most fun part of creating, so let your imagination run wild!