c utest little pirate ever! this little guy is ready to wish you a happy Halloween. And just wait until you hear how easy it is to make your own "patterned paper" with an embosing folder and an inkpad!!
1) use the Tufted emboss folder and Memento black ink to create the "decorative paper effect.
Open the Tufted embossing folder flat and position the front of the folded Tangerine Tango cardstock base inside so it will touch the bumpy pattern Make sure the other half (back side) of cardstock base is folded under the flat smooth bottom outside portion of embossing folder with the top facing up against the raised/bumpy side of folder, remainder of folded card should be tucked in under the bottom (j(ust don't emboss both sides of paper.)
2) Once you have the cardstock in position use the opened Tuxedo Black ink pad to "ink up" the bumpy side of emboss folder then close it on the cardstock and run it through the Big Shot, remove from machine and allow to dry briefly. Wipe ink off embossing folder using wet baby wipe and allow to dry..voila! A great pattern stamped and embossed at the same time. Caution..use only Memento ink..not sure if Basic Black or StazOn would come clean afterward.
2) cut a white cardstock circle with 2nd from largest stitched circle die and use largest circle die to cut another circle from black cardstock
3) use the Stamparatus to stamp the duck image on right side of white stitched circle leaving room to stamp the greeting toward top left next to the duck.
Use blender pen and ink pads, markers OR colored pencils to color in duck as desired. I used Tangerine for the duck's beak, feet and the emblem on his pirate hat then colored his vest and the rest of his hat with black.
4.) Attach the stamped and colored in white circle to the slightly larger black circle . Stamp the "trick or treat" Halloween greeting in the upper left of white circle then attach to the larger black circle.
Adhere the strip of black glitter paper to bottom of orange card base about 1 to 1.5 inches from bottom edge then use dimensionals or sticky strip to adhere the stamped pirate circle to the front of the card.
Punch out a little heart from tangerine tango cardstock using the dogbuilder punch and adhere to the front of the card as shown in photo.
5) inside of my card...stamp Happy Valentine's Day in Tangerine Tango ink and add a border of tangerine stars in a border if desired.