T hanks to Kylie and Bruno Bertucci in Australia, I mastered this fun and simple technique---of putting multiple color and coordinating strips of paper together to make a unique and quick and easy card! You can use any colors or designs you like. Enjoy!
***For the purpose of this tutorial I will give you the supplies and instruction for the Crushed Curry / Yellow card----but as mentioned, you can use any combination you like!
Let's Gather Our Supplies:
* 1 piece of Whisper White card stock for your inside layer---4 x 5-1/4 in
* 1 scrap of Whisper White to stamp your sentiment.
* 1 piece of Terra Cotta Tile card stock measuring 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 scored at 4-1/4 and folded for card base.
* 1 scrap of Terra cotta Tile card stock punched using the Timeless Label Punch
* 1 piece of Terra Cotta Tile card stock measuring 4 x 5-1/4 in
* Multiple pieces of Mosaic Mood DSP cut in strips of approximately 5-5-1/2 in long
You will cut these on an angle on your trimmer as shown---no specific width---you may vary the sizes. Also cut several strips of Crushed Curry Card stock.
* Using your Multipurpose liquid glue and the 4 in x 5-1/4 in piece of Terra Cotta Tile Card stock, glue alternating strips of DSP with the Crushed Curry Card stock---align your first strip approximately, 1/16 in from the edge and continue to follow the pattern leaving the same 1/16 in space between each strip---you'll be able to see the Terra Cotta Tile color peaking through. Continue through the end of the piece of card stock. Align the last piece as best you can. It is fine if it goes over the far right edge.
* Now take your glued piece and cut off all the excess edges of strips so you are left with your original 4 x 5-1/4 piece of card stock.
* with your Whisper White Scrap---stamp the sentiment from Memorable Mosaic and punch out. I used Crushed Curry Ink--Layer the stamped sentiment offset on top of the Terra Cotta Tile punched piece. Apply dimensionals and adhere to the bottom right corner of the Scrappystrip layer. I also added a few sequins. You could add a ribbon trim or basic jewels. Whatever you'd like. When you are cutting your strips of paper---you will end up with enough for 4-5 cards or maybe more.
This is such a quick and easy card but looks so difficult. You can use any color combinations you like and any stamp set---to make multiple different cards for so many occasions.
NOTE: The alternate card shown is made with Basic Black Whisper White, Petal Pink, Pool Party and Parisian Blossoms DSP from the 2020 Mini Catalogue. The Foil layer is Grapefruit Grove Foil from the 2019 SAB season.