his is a box I somewhat cased the measurements from In the Pink Designs by Cathryn's video, but I added a different sentiment and added the Flat Jingle Bell Trinkets.
Stamp Set: Sweet Candy Canes
Cardstock: Real Red, Garden Green, Basic White, Sweetest Christmas DSP, Snowflake Specialty Vellum
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento, Real Red
Other: Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine, Candy Cane Dies, Rectangle Stitch Dies, Mini Pockets Envelope Dies for the sprigs, 3/8” Real Red Ribbon Combo Pack, 3/16” Iridescent Trim, Pencil, Flat Jingle Bell Trinkets, Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips, Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Bone Folder, Paper Snips, Stamparatus, Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Glue Dots
1. The Real Red cardstock box measures 4-1/2” x 6-1/2” and is scored at 1-1/4” x 5-1/4” on the long end using the Simply Scoring Tool. Turn and score at 1-1/4” x 5-1/4”. Fold and burnish with the Bone Folder.
2. With the Real Red cardstock on landscape mode, go to the first square tab and cut up to the score line, and then wedge each side of the square tab. Then go to the next square tab and do the same. Turn your cardstock and do the same on the other side.
3. Now apply Multipurpose Liquid Glue on the left square tabs and line them up with the side rectangles. Do the same on the other side. Let dry!
4. Use the Stamparatus to line up your candy cane stamp using Basic White cardstock and Real Red ink. Die-cut with the Candy Cane Dies.
5. Once the box is dry, set it so that the bottom of the box is on top. Now take the 4-1/6” x 7-1/2” DSP and lay over the top about in the middle. Then crease the DSP over the box on both sides. Take it off and burnish it with the Bone Folder.
6. Now put the DSP down with the outside face down. Lay the box down bottom- up and fold the DSP overlapping the ends and crease it with your fingers, but not too tight or you won’t be able to slide it off once you glue it. Now take it off and burnish the lines with the Bone Folder. Set aside.
7. Now take the 2nd largest from smaller Rectangle Dies to create a window at the top of the lid. Cut the Snowflake Specialty Vellum at 1-7/8” x 3-1/8” and glue it on the inside of the window making sure the raised flocking will show through on top. Let dry!
8. Now take your DSP and wrap it around the bottom of the box, use a pencil to measure where you want the ends to meet so that it’s not too tight. Add Multipurpose Liquid Glue to the right of that mark. Let it set and then erase the pencil mark.
9. Pick a short side of your Real Red box and insert a 1-1/8” x 1-7/8” Real Red cardstock to reinforce it and use the ¼” Hand-Held Punch to punch a hole through both layers. Cut the Iridescent Trim at 6-1/2” and fold in half and tie a knot in the two ends. From the inside of the box, pull the ribbon through.
10. Then add your candy cane to the top of the box diagonally with Dimensionals.
11. Wrap Real Red Ribbon around the box and tie a bow in front.
12. Ink up the sentiment “Candy Cane Wishes & Mistletoe Kisses” with Tuxedo Black Memento ink on Basic White cardstock. Trim it out with the Paper Snips and attach it to the bottom right of the box with Dimensionals so one end overlaps the side of the candy cane.
13. Die-cut two sprigs from the Mini Pocket Envelope Dies and attach them with Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Add a Flat Jingle Bell Trinket under the Real Red box so that it looks like it is hanging from the ribbon.
14. For the inside, add Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses and a Target Cookie Cutter.