his cards is made using the Christmas Quilt Bundle (stamps and thinlits.)
This Bundle is not just for Christmas though. It is a very versatile bundle and you can create many beautiful cards for all occasions.
Paper and Measurements:
- Tranquil Tide - Card base - 4 1/4" x 11" - Score @ 5 1/2"
- Tip Top Taupe - 1st layer - 4" x 5 1/4"
- Fresh Fig - 2nd layer - 3 3/4" x 5"
- Whisper White - 3rd Layer - 3" x 3"
- Whisper White - inside layer - 4" x 5 1/4"
Take the 3rd layer - Whisper White (3" x 3") and in black ink stamp the quilt pattern outline.
Using the long stripped and long polka dotted patterned stamps, you will ink the polka dots in Fresh Fig ink and stamp the pattern into the appropriate quilt outline. NOTE: make sure your stamp shape is matched up to the appropriate quilt outline shape. Then stamp the stripped pattern using Tranquil Tide ink next to the Polka Dot pattern on the quilt outline alternating polka dots and then stripes.
You will have two sets of the Polka dots and two sets of Stripes. See Card Example
Once your Pattern is inked and finished, adhere the pattern layer to the Fresh Fig layer and then the Fresh Fig layer to the Tip Top Taupe layer.
Using the Quilt Embossing Folder, place the three layers into the embossing folder and emboss the layers together.
Take the Tranquil Tide Ribbon (6" piece) and put adhesive on the ends of the ribbon and wrap the ribbon about 1/2" up from the bottom of the layers and adhere the ends to the back of the layers.
Take the Fresh Fig ribbon (4" piece) and tie it around the Tranquil Tide ribbon to make a fake bow.
Before adhering the three (3) layers to the Tranquil Tide card base you can choose to emboss the card base front with the quilt embossing folder or not.
Embellish the quilt art with the flower die cut outs. (there are two die cut pieces that make up the flower. 1 - the outline of the flower and 2 - the inner flower petals dies cut.)
- Cut 1 pc. - Tranquil Tide solid flower using the outside die cut only of the flower.
- Using both the outside and inside detailed flower die cuts together cut 1 flower in Fresh Fig, and 1 in Whisper White.
- Save the Fresh Fig petal punch outs for corner embellishments on the quilt art. You will need four (4) of them. See Example
Stack the flowers in the following order:
- Base - Tranquil Tide solid flower
- Whisper White flower outline
- Fresh Fig flower outline
I then put a clear bling in the center of the flower. I also took four (4) petals of the Fresh Fig flower and put them into the four (4) corners of the quilt art and put bling in the center of each one of the petals as well.
The inside of the card, adhere the Whisper White layer (4: x 5 1/2") and then using the decorative flower stamp and Fresh Fig ink, stamp the flower in the right hand bottom of the Whisper White layer. I then took the flower outline and inked it with Black ink and stamped the outline around the Fresh Fig flower. See actual card Example.
Any Sentiment can be used inside the card or it can be left blank for a note card.