Up & Away Mobile
W hen I first seen this new Stamp/Die Bundle I immediately thought 'Mobile'. I've finally got around to making it. (better late than never). My apologies the pics aren't better. :)
1. Mobile Base – 21 cm Diameter
2. Mobile Base Covers – 21cm Diameter (x2) – cut from 21cm x 21cm cardstock or DSP
3. 12 Detailed Balloons - 7cm x A4 length (x 4 colours) cut 3 large Balloon shapes from each
4. 5 Large Clouds - 3cm x 30cm Dazzling Diamonds Glitter Cardstock
5. 5 Large Clouds - 3cm x 30cm Whisper White Cardstock
6. 1 Medium and 1 Small Balloon - 5.5cm x 8cm Silver Glitter Cardstock
7. 1 Medium and 1 Small Balloon - 5.5cm x 8cm Silver Foil Cardstock
8. Top Rope - 35cm (thick) Whisper White Bakers Twine (x 3)
9. Decorative Rope - 53cm (standard) Whisper White Bakers Twine (x 4)
10. Hearts/Circles and other decorative pieces can be punched from the scraps left over
Quick How To:
1 – Mobile Base: - I made the ‘base’ for the mobile from a cardboard craft wreath purchased from Baker Ross. You could easily make your own from cardboard cut around dinner plates/sandwich plates or whatever fits. You could choose to cut out the centre (as mine) or leave it as a whole piece.
2 - Choose which colour/s you wish to cover the base in. Cardstock or DSP is suitable. Use your mobile base as the template to draw around to make the covers. (Cover 1 will be bottom – Cover 2 will be top) Paper scissors/Snips or Craft Knife can be used to cut out your covers. I used paper snips as I’m deadly with a craft knife.
Stamp little clouds on the base and punched some tiny circles from Silver Glitter Card to add some starry sparkle.
Using the Paper Piercer and Mat, pierce 4 small holes in Cover 1, equally distanced around the piece. Feed approx 1cm of each of the 4 lengths of (standard) Bakers Twine through this and adhere with a piece of cellotape. Cover 1 can now be adhered to the bottom of the Mobile Base.
Using a Cropodile or hole punch, make 3 holes in Cover 2, equally distanced around the piece. Feed approx 1cm of each of the 3 lengths of (Thick) Bakers Twine through this and adhere with a piece of cellotape. Cover 2 can now be adhered to the top of the Mobile Base.
3 – Choose 4 of your desired colours for the Detailed Balloons. One of the colours should be same as Cover 1. Cut 3 detailed balloons from each colour and fold down the centre (good side in). Adhere the 3 pieces together with your preferred adhesive (I used Fine Tip Glue Pen) making sure that you adhere the Bakers Twine (inside the middle) of the assembled piece to allow it to hang from the mobile. If you hang one detailed balloon from each of the 4 lengths of twine, at different heights, this will guide where you wish to hang the remainder of the mobile elements.
4 & 5 – Adhere your clouds together with one side Glitter Card and the other side Whisper White Card, remembering to adhere the twine sandwiched in between.
6 & 7 – Likewise with the small balloons using the Silver Glitter and Silver Foil cardstock.
Finally – Using leftover cardstock, punch out smaller elements and adhere likewise to finish the project. If you have little bells or little craft mirrors this would finish it beautifully. Unfortunately I didn’t have any of these to hand when prepping for this training class.
P.S – my apologies the pictures aren’t better.