Ready for Christmas Multi Media Frame
ulti Media technique using Ready for Christmas Stamp Set
Cardstock and Cutting Directions
Heavy Very Vanilla cut to 8’ x 10”
Old Olive CS piece for Branches
Smoky Slate CS cut 2 7/8” x 2 ¾”
Basic Black CS cut 1 ¼” x 1 3/8”
Woodgrain DSP Dark 4” x 3 1/8”
Wood DSP Dark Hearth 3/8” x 3”
Woodgrain Lighter DSP 1 ¾” x 2”
Whisper White CS for rest of cutouts
Scrap crumb cake CS for bear
Scrap DSP for rug
10” long scrap to use for border on rug
CS = Cardstock
DSP = Designer series paper
INK colors (this is the list that I used but you can change them up to your taste)
Early Expressco – I stamped all my pieces in this before cuttingt them out.
Crumb Cake or other choice for rug.
Old Olive to stamp tree.
Real Red – dog sweater, pictures, striped gift, cookie plate, Wood bow, Nutcracker, fire
Garden Green – dog sweater, pictures, Wood gift
So Saffron – dog sweater
Soft Suede – dog, cookies
Peekaboo Peach – cat, fire
Pumpkin Pie -cat
Soft Sky – snowflake picture, large gift
Marina Mist – gift and snowflake picture back ground
Smokey Slate – background for lights picture
Chocolate Chip – frames on the 3 pictures
White – Nutcraker
Crushed Curry – Nutcracker
Dapper Denim – Nutcracker
Basic Black – Nutcracker
Cherry Cobbler – Wood gift
Reinkers to make brick colors – Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze
Ready for Christmas Stamp Set & Die Bundle,
8”x10” frame (take glass out)
Embossing Paste, silicone mat, palette knives, brick stencil, washi tape, container of water, blender pen, Clear Wink of Stella pen, sponge, mini glue dots, dementials, tombow glue, approx. 9 inches of tiny sequins in silver or gold, Metallic shapes in silver or gold, half a silver or gold metallic snowflake, Sizzix Adhesive sheet, red taffeta bow, boxwood wreath, metallic red or silver bow, 3 wood shaped pieces, 1 small gift bow, Teddy bear was cut from Santa’s Sleigh Stamp set bundle, Cat from Sitting Here stamp set. Fire from Always an Adventure bundle. Oval rug from stiched die set. Baby wipes. I punched the gold and silver stars from glitter paper and a small star punch. There is a star included in the Ready for Christmas Bundle you can also use.
1. With a small amount of embossing paste and one or two drops of Cherry Cobbler and Cajun Craze blend on silicone mat with palette knife tape brick stencil down on Smoky Slate CS and spread mixture over the bricks, immediately put the used stencil and knives in container of water wipe with baby wipe any residue after. Or bring to sink and wash with Dawn detergent and rinse. Paste dries on mat quickly but takes about 20 minutes to set on CS.
2. Cut 9 Large Branches and 15 small branches.
3. Back woodgrain pieces with Sizzix Adhesive Sheets before cutting the stairs and table.
4. Cut stairs, hearth, and stamp table with Early Expresso on lighter wood grain sheets and cut out.
5. With Early Expresso and white paper stamp the 3 framed pictures, 2 stockings, 3 gifts and one bow, dog, cookies for Santa, fire, and cat.
6. With scrap DSP cut oval stitched rug, and with the Ready for Christmas dies cut out the stamped pieces you just stamped.
7. ***Now the fun begins! (If you have the kit all the above has already been done for you :)
8. About 3” up from bottom of page on each edge, mark a light pencil mark on the sides line up scrap piece of paper to the marks and tape down with washi tape to hold in place, using sponge and your choice of colors (I used crumb cake in sample, but the tree skirt and dog don’t show up as much as I would have liked) sponge the entire bottom area to make the look of a carpeted floor.
9. Lay out the placement of the stairs, * remember about ¼” around all edges will be hidden from the frame* fireplace, and tree.
10. Peel the adhesive backing off the stair case and place in on the picture.
11. With Old Olive and the tree stamp the tree remembering you need to leave room for the star and the ¼” edge.
12. Glue the fireplace down, add the black in the center for the fire pit and peel off the backing of the hearth and place in under or just over the edge of the fireplace.
13. Use blender pen color in all the pieces that have been cut out, using your colors or the color chart I listed above. You can leave the wood piece as is or color them in like I did.
14. With a glue dot place the fire in the fireplace and add Wink of Stella on the colored fire and around it to make it look like a glowing fire.
15. Use dimentionals to place the framed pictures on the wall
16. Choose what color tree skirt, ornaments, sequins and star – I have silver and gold.
17. For the tree, you will need 7 large branches starting from the bottom up layer them over each using glue as you go along.
18. Glue down the tree skirt, using glue dot add the gifts around on the tree skirt, I used use a glue dot to add the teddy bear to the green gift and a dimentionals on that gift. Use a dimensional on the star.
19. For the sequin garland roll the glue dot to hold the sequins in place then add a small drop of glue under the sequins and let dry.
20. Add the ornaments to the tree, they are sticky backs.
21. For the garland on the mantel use 2 large branches and 3 small branches using glue or sticky dots to attach them, I glued my wooden bow to the center of the branches and used sticky dots to hang a stocking on each side of the bow. I glued my Nutcracker to mantel.
22. Between the tree and fire place I stamped the phrase Sharing the Joy in Early Expresso.
23. Using several glue dots on the boxwood tree attach it above the mantel and with your choice of ribbon or metallic ribbon tie bow and sticky dot it to the wreath.
24. If desired glue the oval rug in front of the fireplace and I used dimentionals to raise the kitty up.
25. On the staircase use 12 small branches glue down to create the spruce garland. Again with ribbon of choice tie a bow to the step of the railing.
26. Place the plate of cookies on the table using dimentionals, and dimentionals to the dog, sniffing the tree.
27. Place the wooden gift where you would like it and glue it down and add the bow in your choice of colors, red, green, white add a dimensional to the back of the bow to keep it level with the wooden gift.
28. I used Wink of Stella on the Nutcracker’s crown and shoulders and belt buckle, also on the picture frame with the snowflake.
29. Place the picture in the frame lay it flat to let the glued area’s set for a little while. Enjoy!