Penguin Place Birthday card
tamp Set: Penguin Place (Mini, Page 33)
Cardstock: Fresh Freesia, Basic White, Penguin Playmates DSP (SAB)
Ink: Memento Black, Fresh Freesia, Pumpkin Pie, Misty Moonlight, Balmy Blue, Just Jade
Other: Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine, Scalloped Contour Dies, Penguin Builder Punch, Balloon Bouquet Punch (retired), Paper Snips, Dimensionals, Post-it Note, Pencil, and Multipurpose Liquid Glue
1. The base of the card is Fresh Freesia cardstock cut at 5-1/2” x 8-1/2” and scored at 4-1/4” in the middle.
2. The second layer is Penguin Playmates DSP cut at 4” x 5-1/4” and adhered to the front of the card.
3. The Basic White rectangle scallop is die-cut from the Scalloped Contour Dies.
4. Ink up the sentiment “to the coolest friend ever” with Memento Black ink and stamp in the top left corner of the Basic White Scallop.
5. Ink up the landscape with Balmy Blue ink to create the landscape.
6. Ink up the penguin stamp and stamp two on the 2-1/2” x 5” Basic White strip but upside down (so that the punch will work).
7. Ink up the hat with Balmy Blue, the scarf with Misty Moonlight, and the bow and balloon with Fresh Freesia. The balloon needs to be stamped upside down at the end so that you can punch it out last with the retired Balloon Bouquet Punch.
8. Punch out the penguins with the Penguin Builder Punch. Use the paper snips to fussy cut the bow, scarf, and hat leaving a white edge.
9. Ink up the beak and the feet with Pumpkin Pie ink to stamp on your penguins. Add the scarf and hat to the boy penguin and bow to the girl penguin using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
10. I want the penguins to appear as though holding hands, but we need to add the balloon string first. Lay your penguins on the card but don’t adhere to them yet. Use a small pencil to make a mark by her hand to where the string will go, but we don’t want the whole string because it would be too long, so you will mask with a post-it note the end of the string.
11. Put Dimensionals on the back of the penguins, and the balloon and add to the card.
12. Ink up the little tree stamp with Just Jade ink and stamp on either side of the penguins.
13. Add the scallop to the front of the card with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
Cased card from this video of Stamp It Up With Jaimie