Field Journal with Embossed Sentiment
combination of materials make this masculine card a winner. Anyone who loves nature might enjoy receiving this card.
When I saw the new Field Journal stamp set, I immediately was reminded of my multitude of visits to Pandapas Pond where I delight in observing wildlife as I hike along the trails.
1. Create a card base from Early Espresso cardstock cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" and scored at 4 1/4".
2. Stamp the duck image in Soft Suede ink on Whisper White cardstock and die cut it using the largest Layering Oval die.
Then use Blends markers to color the duck. I used these colors:
3. Cut a piece of In Good Taste patterned paper 4 1/4" x 3 1/4" and adhere the oval in the center.
Glue this to a piece of Early Espresso cardstock cut at 4 3/8" x 3 3/8".
4. To the front of the card base attach a piece of Whisper White cardstock cut at 4" x 5 1/4".
Layer the completed duck piece onto the card front.
5. On a small piece of Early Espresso cardstock cut at 5/8" x 2 3/4", stamp the sentiment in VersaMark ink.
Add white embossing powder and set with the Heat Tool.
Use dimensionals to pop up the sentiment.
6. I always decorate both the inside of my cards and also the envelopes.
One easy way to decorate the inside is to add a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" Whisper White cardstock with a stamped image at the bottom.