his weekend, I was working on my team swaps - it felt so good to be creative! For this particular swap, I had to choose one of the many new bundles in the new catalogue. I decided to use the Little Monkey bundle as my theme, and I also included the Online exclusive stamp set, "Tropical Leaf", as well as the clouds from "Playing in the Rain", also from the new catalogue.
Check out my YouTube tutorial here
I hope you enjoy this card, as much as I enjoyed making it!!
What you need:
- Balmy Blue - 5-1/2 x 5-1/2
- Window Sheet - 4 x 5-1/4
- Garden Green - (2) 1 x 5-1/2
(1) 1-1/2 x 5-1/4
- Basic White scraps (monkey, branches,
leaves, bananas, clouds, sentiment
- Bundle - Little Monkeys/Punch
- Stamp Set - Tropical Leaf
- Dies - Cheerful Daisies (Sentiment)
- Playing in the Rain (clouds)
- Stampin' blends - Pecan Pie, Daffodil Delight, #200, #700
- Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black, Pecan Pie, Smokey Slate, Garden Green, Daffodil Delight
1. I stamped random leaves in Garden Green ink, on the Garden Green strips, using the Tropical leaf as well as the leaves in the Little Monkey stamp set.
2. Using Tear'n Tape, I adhered the window sheet on to the inside of the 1-1/4" folded part of the Balmy Blue. Then I put the 1" Garden green strips across the bottom of the window sheet, both on the outside and the inside (to hide the tear'n Tape on the inside. **I didn't do it at the top, as it wasn't as obvious.
3. Stamp and die cut the clouds (Smokey Slate), stamp and fussy cut the branches, peeled bananas and longer leaves of the Little Monkey set. Stamp and punch out the monkeys - I used Pecan Pie ink). I stamped the solid bananas, tone on tone onto Daffodil Delight, to make the bunch on the inside.
4. Place your elements where you like (I put one branch on the front and one inside)