his card is primarily inking with the chairs out of the Colorful Seasons die cuts.
You will see two card versions on here. Once with the red chairs that are popped out with dimensionals, and the white chairs that are flush to the card. I also used different inks on the water of each card.
Base Card in Whisper White
Cut 1 - 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Inking Sky, Clouds, and Sun
- I used post it notes to mask off the bottom 2/3rds of my cards and then I used a cloud mask that I made and placed it on the upper portion of the card (sky area) and lightly inked with Marina Mist ink and then starting on the cloud, lightly in a circular motion, sponged slightly over the edge of the cloud to give an outline of the could and sky on the card.
- While masking the cloud in the upper right hand corner, I stamped the sun off the cloud using the sun/moon stamp from the High Tide Stamp set so that it looked like the sun was peering up behind the clouds.
- I places my cloud mask in different positions on the card to add clouds to the sky area until I was happy with the look.
Masking the sky to create water
- You can use Pacific Point ink to ink your water or a combination of Lost Lagoon and Pacific Point ink to create your water. You might want to practice first on a scrap piece of paper.
Remember you can always add ink but you cannot remove it. Start with lightly dabbing your sponge in the ink and inking off on a piece of scrap paper, start at the edge of your card and I use circular motions from the scrap paper onto the card to ink the water.
- I then took the wave stamp in the High Tide stamp set and inked it in whisper white and then inked over the water. It is real subtle but gives the effect of waves or ripples in the water.
- Remember to leave the bottom third of your card for sand and beach chairs!
- Once your water is complete, then mask off the upper 2/3rds of your card with the post it notes and work on the Sand.
Creating the Sandy Beach Area
- I used a combination of Sahara Sand and Crumb Cake with the ground stamp in the Sheltering Tree stamp set. I stamped the sand until I was happy with it.
Do not stamp a straight line of sand to meet the water.
Be creative, stamp some of the sand in the water and then once your sand is down take the sponge you used to ink some of the water color onto the sand like water is coming up onto the beach.
- Take the Grass sprig stamps from High Tide and using Old Olive ink, place some of the grass on the beach.
Cutting out Beach Chairs
- Using either the Real Red or Whisper White Card stock take the Chair from the Seasonal Layer thinlets and cut out 2 chairs on the big shot machine.
- I attached the chairs by using the mini dimensionals and on the other example I just snail glued the chairs directly down. Use your own preference.
Adding Birds, Sentiment, and Wink of Stella
- I used the flying birds from the High Tide Stamp set and using black ink added them to the sky. Placement is your choice.
- I then took the Sentiment stamp from the Colorful Seasons stamp set "just breathe" and stamped the sentiment just above the waterline into the sky area.
- My final embellishment was adding Wink of Stella around the sun area and on the water and on the sand area where the tide is coming in on the sand and the sun is shining on it.
Sentiment for Inside of Card
- I used the "Life is a beautiful thing" sentiment from the Colorful Seasons stamp set on the inside of the card. You may use whatever sentiment you choose. I also used the scattered flower stamp from the same stamp set and inked in Real Red and stamped on the inside of the card as well.